Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mom is home

Sorry there was no blog yesterday. I don't have internet service w/my laptop yet, so I can travel with it just yet. Anyway.....
Mom's surgery took about 3 & 1/2 hrs. Longer than was expected. They were having some trouble with 1 of the old leads. The lead had alot of scare tissue around it, so they couldn't remove it without doing more damage. So they capped the lead off & put in the new one. In one spot they were only able to go about half from where they wanted to be, but it will do it's job. I had talked to dad about 7 pm last night & he said mom was up & her supper was there, but she was in alot of pain! That was in part because of the problems they encountered while to the surgery. I guess I would be in alot of pain if they were working in about a 3 in cut!
So, as of 5:30 this evening, I still hadn't heard anything. I call dad's cell phone, he answers & then gives the phone to mom! That was good to hear her voice. Mom said she was still in alot of pain. Her left arm was in a sling. Mom couldn't remember being in a sling back in June, but I remembered her being in one.
So, over all, mom was doing good. The paddle test they do to check the defibrillator, worked! So she was all clear to go home. Now just to get through the pain & prayerfully she'll do great!

Love Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment